Tuesday, August 19, 2008

End of Summer

Well, summer is coming to an end here in the Ellerbrook household. We only have two more trips planned out of town--one this coming weekend to Lubbock and the other one next weekend to Fort Worth. Then, I think we are home for a while (at least I hope). Madilyn's gymnastics class has already started. Fall soccer starts for Benjamin in the next couple of weeks. Our big boy starts Kindergarten in less than a week--therefore, I have been fighting crowds to finish up shopping for clothes, shoes, and school supplies.

While I am excited to get back into a routine, I am also dreading the fact that we can't sleep late anymore. Now when I say sleep "late", I mean 6:45 or 7:00. That's about as "late" as it gets around here before our alarm clock (we also call him "Jacob") goes off. But starting on Monday, we will have to get up around 5:45, at least Mommy will anyways. And while I am really sad that Benjamin is going to school, I know he is super excited about it and ready to be around more kids his age instead of little brother and sister all day.

So, with summer coming to a close around here, we are gearing up for a very busy fall--school, soccer, gymnastics, MOPS group, playdates, Lou being out of town for meetings, church stuff starting back up, oh, and preparing for a new baby. Man, I'm already tired and it hasn't even started yet. Is it too early to be anticipating next summer?

No comments: