Tuesday, August 26, 2008

First Day of Kindergarten








Yesterday was Benjamin's first day of Kindergarten. He seemed a little nervous (even though he wouldn't admit to it), but we could also tell he was really excited. It was a little nerve-wracking to mom and dad with it being his first day of school in a new school in a new town. But he did GREAT! Of course, he found some dinosaurs in his classroom right away. His teacher is really nice and she is, also, a science-lover. So I think he is going to have a GREAT year.

I, of course, did not want to leave him. One of the ladies from our church came over and watched Madilyn and Jacob so both Lou and I could take Benjamin without any other distractions. If Lou hadn't been there with me, I probably would have still been there when he got out at 3:15. I really wasn't expecting to cry so much. I mean, I knew I would tear up...but, man, once we started to leave the tears just kept on coming. I'm hoping the pregnancy hormones had something to do with it. Oh, who am I kidding, it's just hard letting your "baby" go sometimes. Dropping him off at college ought to be real "fun".

1 comment:

Emily Suzanne said...

I CANNOT imagine! Time really flies! I can't believe he's in kindergarten already! man!
You guys seem like you're doing well! We drove by your house the other day. My grandparents live really close to you... on the same street as your church. Actually it's the second house to the left of it, the red brick one. We were really busy this visit, but maybe someday soon we can see you guys! :)