Friday, March 12, 2010

Three Down.....One to Go!!!

We now have only one child in diapers for the first time since Noah was born.  And, what's even more exciting than that, is there is the finality that once Noah is potty-trained, we will buy diapers no more.  Actually, we've been buying diapers non-stop for over 7 years.  SEVEN YEARS, people!!!!  Without a break.  About half of that time we've had at least two in diapers at the same time...AND there was even a short period of time where we had 3 in diapers at once (well, two in diapers and one in pull-ups).  Anyone want to add that up for me?  If you do, please don't tell me the total amount....I might start to feel a little nauseated, dizzy, or light-headed.

For about two weeks now, Jacob has worn only big-boy underwear.  We said adios to the Pull-ups forever!  I got tired of him pooping in them...tired of him being too lazy to get to the bathroom to pee, so he'd pee in the pull-up....and most importantly, tired of buying them.  He's been in pull-ups for a year and a half.  So we said goodbye to those over-priced, but extremely convenient, disposable underpants, and said hello to 24/7 big boy underwear.  And, let me tell you, I've never been more proud.  He's done FANTASTIC!!!!  He's only had one night-time accident, no naptime accidents, and only a handful of daytime accidents. 

And just in the nick of time.  He turns 4 years old in about 16 days.  For months, I've been so worried he's going to be going to Pre-K in diapers.  But, if you know Jacob, you know he has to do things on his own time and in his own way.  We have been working on the potty-training for about a year and a half....never have I been more frustrated as a mom.  But he, eventually, came through. 

Now, we just have Noah in diapers...but with very little cost.  See, about a month and a half ago, I decided to switch to cloth diapers.  Not sure I'd like them or if I'd even stick with it, I started out with a starter package....came with 5 diapers, 10 washable liners, and two rolls of biodegradable liners.  After the first day, I was hooked!  I LOVE it.  It's not an awful lot of extra work (yes, I do have to wash a load of diapers every day or two) but it saves us a TON!!!!  I had quite a few disposables left, so we do use those for church on Sundays or for MOPs....but the rest of the time we use cloth.

So, while we do still have one in diapers, for the first time in 7 years, I am not taking a trip to Sams at least once a month to buy a big ole box of Pampers.  In time, my bank account is really going to thank me. 
Blog Signature Brown

No comments: