Monday, February 15, 2010

Discerning God's Call

Lou and I got back on Friday evening from a 6 day trip to Fayetteville, Arkansas.  We attended a training for church leaders.  It was a really good conference, but a very emotionally draining one.  We are trying to discern God's call for our ministry and our family.  He is opening up some doors for us that we are praying about.  The conference that we attended helped to clarify SOME things, but also "muddied" some others.  It will be interesting to see what God has for us in the future...praying that we will hear Him clearly.

Anyways, while at the conference, we got to spend time with two couples who are also in minstry.  One of the couples we already knew pretty well and we enjoy spending time with.  The other couple, Lou knew, but I had never met.  But you never would have guessed it.  We had a blast!  I haven't laughed that much in a very long time.  And it's so great to be able to talk with people who know exactly what you go through as a pastoral family. 

It was also nice to get a much needed break from the kids.  Lou and I hadn't been able to get away (not even for one night), just the two of us, since November 2007.  It was so great!!!!  But, I missed my kids after 24 hours.  Funny how that works!  The Saturday before we left I was so ready to get away...24 hours later, I was missing them like crazy.  24 hours after we get back home and back to reality, I'm ready for another break.  What is up with that?!!?  But I was so glad to see them and get loved on by 4 of the best kids ever!!!

Such a fun week!  Now if only we could see the direction God would have us go in ministry...He's definitely teaching me patience. 
Blog Signature-Black

2 comments:

Emily Suzanne said...

Praying for your patience...AND mine...with the progression of things we always wish were settled :)
Your kids are so cute and I admire you for handling four. Wish we could just sit down so I could pick your brain about stuff!~

Mama L said...

Good summation of our time. I thought of "Bob" again over the weekend and smiled to myself. It was amazing how quickly we were all comfortable with each other - I guess a shared lifetstyle will do that to you! It was a great time, and I thoroughly enjoyed getting to know all of you!