Thursday, September 10, 2009

Our Comedian

This boy right here, our 3 year old, is quite the comedian.




Stubborn, yes. Hard-headed, absolutely. Whiney, you bet. But he is HYSTERICAL. Case in point...


Let me just preface this dialogue between Jacob and I by saying two things: 1) When the kids are fighting with one another and they come tattle...if there is no blood or no broken bones, I will often say, "I don't want to hear it...you guys go work it out," and 2) Lou and I are pretty sarcastic people, for those of you who didn't know that...so when one of us asks the other to do something, let's say like, "Would you please run out to the car and grab my purse?" or "Can you please go grab me a towel?", etc....the other one will often, jokingly, respond with, "Seriously?!!?" So now that you have a little background info, here's how the conversation went:


Mommy: Jacob, you really need to finish your dinner. If you don't eat, you'll go to bed hungry. Mommy is NOT going to cook anything else for dinner. This is what we're having, so please eat. (This is about the 50th time I've tried to convince him to eat what was on his plate...mind you).


Jacob: Mommy, I don't want to hear it....SEWIOUSWY! (That would be Jacob-talk for Seriously)


Ok, now tell me how I'm suppose to "discipline" him for talking back when he's so darn cute (and believe me, we are firm believers in our children respecting and obeying us). But, shoot, that was so darn funny!

Blog Signature-Black

No comments: