Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Jacob Turns 3!!

What a whirlwind the last 3 years have been!! Our Jacob was a HUGE surprise...Madilyn was only 5 months old when I got pregnant with him. Talk about shock!!! But after weeks of tears, I finally got use to the idea...and, once he got here, I just couldn't imagine life without him. He has definitely been our most "difficult" child--in many ways. He was born with a club foot that required several weeks in a cast that was changed weekly, surgery, and then years in his orthopaedic shoes with brace across the bottom of the shoes to keep his feet in position. He had reflux that caused him to be an extremely fussy baby and in pain everytime he ate for the first 2 1/2 months of his life. He had ear tubes at 11 months. He has been our pickiest eater--still will not eat fruit (except for applesauce). He is the most strong will and defiant child we have. But he is also so loving. He has been a Daddy's boy from the beginning--which is so different than Benjamin. He will come climb up in my lap and stroke my face or play with my hair. He has absolutely no fear--except of dogs--and has one of those "I'll try anything once" attitudes. He is just so precious to us and I am so glad he is "mine".

Anyways, he wanted a pirate party since he is very much into anything pirate--peter pan, Captain Hook, Jack Sparrow.

He didn't like us singing "Happy Birthday". I guess he got embarassed and turned his head away from all of us.But he was all for getting to blow out the candles--he actually tried putting them out with his fingers first--see, no fear!

Cousin Jadyn, Madilyn, Benjamin, Jacob, Cousin Pacey, and Cousin Blake waiting for Jacob to open up presents. They all tried to "help".

No comments: